We recently had a friend on Facebook to say, "SUPER excited for you guys!!!! I want details though, when, where, etc!"
In response, here is a list of
JUST THE FACTS!
- The Myers Family have committed to serve 2 years in the Peoples Republic of China.
- I (Jacob) will be teaching English in a university SOMEWHERE in China.
- Sarah will be homeschooling the kids, taking care of Xavier, hosting my students at our apartment and hopefully volunteering at an orphanage.
- Wow! Sarah's list is much longer.
- We'll find out exactly WHERE sometime in May or June after the universities communicate where they need teachers and after our organization places us on a team.
- Am I nervous or scared? NO! We have way too much to do in order for us to get over there. Ask me 30 minutes before we board the plane with 3 kids!
- We roughly have 3 months, 12 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes and 5 seconds until we leave for a week of training in Colorado which is the last week of July.
- We get to take a grand total of 8-9 suit cases between 5 people.
- Our hearts are very grateful for all the Oklahoma fellowships that are supporting us through the Total Support Program (TSP).
- Minus the TSP funds, we are required to raise $22,000 in our account by July of which $9,000 has already been donated.
- The Father is our provider!