As Thanksgiving approaches, like many of you, I have been reflecting on the many things I have to be thankful for. Here are a few:
1. Signs like this, which hopefully provoke the question in the hearts of the people here of Who they should be thankful to.
2. Activities outside the home for my kids, especially during the winter. Eden is blessed to be learning piano from Kristalyn.
I wanted the kids to be able to do Tae Kwon Do again this year, but the price had gone up again at our former location. However, He knows our hearts and is our provider. They now attend Tae Kwon Do with their teammates in the same building we go to on Sundays with a great teacher at half the price of last year!
A portion of time is spent stretching to prepare them to be able to do the splits, so they can be more flexible. I chuckle and cringe at the same time when the instructor comes along and pushes their feet out half an inch further (no worries, no tears are shed).
3. My precious family.
4. The abundance and variety of healthy fruits and vegetables available just a short walk away.
5. This place and the girls who work here.
6. Music, a source of comfort to me, and motivation during homeschool for the kids.
7. Coffee, chocolate, a warm blanket, and a good book.
8. People to miss, including my Granny and Pawpaw. What a blessing it is, when being far away, to know that you are loved, and have people to miss.
9. The immeasurable ways Father shows me He loves me.
10. "My flesh and my heart may fail, but G is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."